There is no doubt that concrete is one of the most durable and robust building materials around. Its excellent physical properties make concrete the first choice for most construction team. However, one bottleneck with using concrete for residential or commercial surfaces is its coarse and somewhat unappealing texture and appearance.
This issue is expertly solved by decorative concrete. Decorative concrete comes in the looks of bricks, ashler stone, weathered wood, cobblestone, and much more. However, many people on a strict budget hesitate to choose decorative concrete fearing they might go overboard. But that is not true.
Let us tell you all about decorative concrete and its costs to help you estimate your expenses with concrete team in Boynton Beach, Fl.
What is Decorative Concrete?
Decorative concrete is a type of application of installing concrete that decorative concrete team near you use to layer your floors. However, it has a more appealing look along with the other features of concrete. Decorative concrete is a broad term that includes acid-stained concrete, dyed concrete, stamped concrete, concrete overlays, polished concrete, and concrete countertops.
How Much Does Decorative Concrete Cost?
The costs of decorative concrete floor installation can vary according to certain factors, like if the floor requires decorative concrete resurfacing. Below are the types of decorative concrete applications and their costs-
- Acid-stained concrete floors: Includes one acid stain color, cleaning, and sealing the concrete. Costs $3.50 per square foot.
- Dyed concrete floors: Includes one acid stain color, cleaning, and sealing the concrete. Costs $3.00 per square foot.
- Stamped concrete floors: The stamped concrete service can cost anywhere between $8-$12 per square foot.
- Concrete overlay: Concrete overlay covers many applications under its umbrella and can cost anywhere between $2 to $15 per square foot.
- Polished concrete floors: The cost for 400 grit-3000 grit diamond finishes range from $3-$7 per square foot.
- Epoxy concrete coating: The epoxy application includes cleaning, grinding, moisture vapor blocker, color base coat, decorative chips, and two clear top coats for $6 per square foot.
What Factors can Affect the Costs of Installing Decorative Concrete?
Many factors can affect the cost of installing decorative concrete. Discussing your budget with various decorative concrete team is crucial to hire the one who fits your needs perfectly. Here are some factors that can affect your decorative concrete installation costs-
- Local cost of concrete
- The type of finish and concrete you want
- Edge thickness (thicker edges can cost you around $1-$2 extra per square foot)
- Reinforcement type: Installing wire mesh reinforcement can increase your costs by $0.35 per square foot compared to the standard fiber mesh.
- Adding 2” styrofoam under the slab, a required building code in some states, can cost you $2 per square foot extra.
- Sub-base preparation
- Cleaning the ground of shrubs, stones, and trees adds $0.5-$1.55 per square foot extra.
About Concrete Solutions-
Are you looking for decorative concrete overlay services in Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties? Concrete Solutions is the best place to find decorative concrete overlays and new concrete for both residential and commercial purposes. We aim for superior results and an artistic approach to not only beautify your property but also enhance its value. Your satisfaction is guaranteed with our professional services that have a customer-first mindset. Visit our website to learn more about our services, call us at (561) 577-6085, or email us for more information.