Installing new flooring is an investment that you should not take lightly. It may seem like a simple decision, but getting everything right — from color to quality — can make or break your project and give you many years of service before needing another update in decades. The choice primarily depends on the usage and the activities the floor is utilized for. However, if you already have a concrete floor, there are some options for you to consider. One excellent option is concrete overlays if you want to cover up damages to your old concrete surface without investing in getting it removed or replaced.
Let us discuss more about decorative concrete overlays.
What is Decorative Concrete Overlay?
Concrete overlay is a cement-based coating of Portland cement, fine aggregates, and acrylic modifier. The coating can adhere to any surface, withstand heavy vehicle and foot traffic, and expand and contract more than concrete slabs.
Concrete overlay is used to resurface old concrete with imperfections and cracks to make it brand new. Other procedures to restore your existing surface or replace it with another are messy and time-consuming.
Why Use Decorative Concrete Overlay?
While there are multiple benefits of decorative concrete overlay, here are some to get you started-
- Masks imperfections: Concrete is a highly durable and strong flooring option. However, it chips and cracks through the years. You can cover all those imperfections and make your floor brand new with concrete overlays.
- Visually appealing: Older concrete floors can become dull with their grey shades. Concrete overlays give an aesthetic look and are visually appealing. From elegant choices to artful designs, you can have it any way you like.
- Multiple options: Concrete overlays offers various color and texture options so you can match them to your exteriors, interiors, or preferences. You can paint them, stain them, or add colors to them while mixing the coating. You can also get many textures using different techniques.
- No mess solution: Removing and replacing the existing flooring can make your house or office quite a mess. You can avoid all that by getting concrete overlays that can be applied on top of the old flooring without producing any sort of mess. Moreover, you will also not need to clean the surrounding surfaces or landscape decors that may get dust on them during floor removal since laying down concrete overlay is simple and does not produce any dust.
- Durable: Concrete overlays have similar properties to concrete, and hence with the proper maintenance and usage, they can last for as long as ten years and will be the right investment for your flooring needs.
- Adds strength: Concrete in itself is a very robust material. However, you can add to its strength with a concrete overlay to ensure it lasts many more years.
About Concrete Solutions-
Looking for decorative concrete outlay services in Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties? Concrete Solutions is the best place to find decorative concrete overlays and new concrete for both residential and commercial purposes. We aim for superior results and an artistic approach to not only beautify your property but to enhance its value. Your satisfaction is guaranteed with our professional services with a customer-first mindset. Visit our website to learn more about our services, call us at (561) 577-6085, or email us for more information.